Friday, September 08, 2006

FUCK you, Delhi Times.

OH MY GOD.

Nishi told me I was a celebrity today, perhaps not realising the extent of damage an ignorant insensitive 'journalist' is capable of. I laughed it off and decided I'd see it on her blog later.

Then I stumbled upon it. How? You'll soon know.

Celebrity...yea, like...Oh, look! There's Janet Jackson's boob!

Seems like I'm a dead man...woman. Whatever.


This...THIS is all over Delhi.

Me. Smoking a cigarette. At a rock show.

Brilliant Aranyani. Well done! Your parents must be so proud.

Isn't there some way one can sue Delhi times for printing a photograph of someone without their knowledge?? There I was, blissfully listening to wonderful music, and smoking a drag of Anupam's cigarette...

And THIS is the outcome???? Holy fuck.

Am completely panic striken. My dance classmates, my parent's friends, dance reviewers, dance critics, dance teachers...EVERYONE will have seen this.

My parents...Fuckk. My mum. I got mail from her today. It was a 4 word email...Check this out cuddly, it said.

Attached, was this monstrosity.

As I said before - Well done, Aranyani!

My career as a dancer in India could be ruined. Destroyed. By a stupid paparazzi idiot who thought she'd make a quick buck by showing a girl smoking a cigarette in public.

My fault, I guess. Even common-folk should know that they never know when they're being photographed, documented, tracked, and shamed.

Be warned, y'all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kidding I hope?
No one cares honestly, so calm down :)

September 8, 2006 at 7:22:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

i hope not!

September 8, 2006 at 12:20:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Karlz + Ma said...

It'll be okay, stuff like this has a way of blowing over and anyone with the teensiest bit of sense wont care if you smoke or not, coz it doesnt make you a bad person or anything!!

I have to say though, that picture was rather funny :)

Cheer up.

September 8, 2006 at 12:26:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger duende said...

a moment frozen. i have nothing against the thing... per se. somebody was doing their job. and i don't think it was sensationalism. maybe you just make for a pretty picture. :)

September 8, 2006 at 2:41:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Recho said...

i second dundee's notion... the poor chap couldn't help himself. u just made for a really pretty picture :)

but how did he get to know ur name?

September 8, 2006 at 3:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 8, 2006 at 7:55:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

errr..yea, but its a bit unfair to not inform someone that they're going to be in the newspaper the next day...and as far as how it will ruin my career...smoking dancers are a huge taboo in the country. the dance critics will have seen this. Anyway, what's done is done.

September 8, 2006 at 10:59:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home