Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Aint no Sunshine..


I know its been a long time since I wrote. I've been a little busy. This is the Liverpool Sunset. There's hardly any sunshine here, so when there is...you learn to cherish it. Even if it gives you sun burns and freckles.

Liverpool is a small little town in northern England, far far away from the intimidation of London. The accent is almost indecipherable(but I'm learning to understand it) and the city is full of beautiful architecture and friendly people...

I got here, with much difficulty on the evening of the 1st of September. I moved into my apartment and it was bare, and small..and as Guru says - Like a matchbox. It is literally like a matchbox..This is what my room looked like before I made it my own...

It was a small empty room which looked naked and inhuman, with just a mattress, a dirty carpet and an ugly set of curtains...

I decided to make it a little better, but have apparently failed to make it look as nice in a photograph as it seems in real life. But it does seem closer to home than it did initially.

I spent two days setting up the room...things from crafts museum, pictures of home, of loved ones, posters of the Beatles and Led Zep...I'm told by my flat mates that there's soon to be a poster sale on student prices in about a week so my room will be fuller...but this is what my room looks like as of now...

Speaking of flat mates...I met some of them...well, two of them. Three, if you count the brief hello I had with Mike. The two girls are Emma and Hannah.

Emma is trendy. She's got painted nails, streaked hair, an eating disorder and a steady boyfriend. She wears tight clothes, and giggles a lot. But she's a LOT of fun, and a great flatmate!

Hannah is cool. She's plump. She burps. She eats a lot, and anything. Smokes more than cigarettes, and loves beer. Listens to the same music as me, and guffaws at my not so funny sense of humour. She's a riot to hang out with!

I like them both. A lot! We are all so different and yet we seem to be getting along quite well. That was a big relief...but no, nishi..they've not replaced you and sammy, so sit back and relax.hehe.

Mike...hmmm. I've met him only once, and instantly thought he was....well. He's very sweet, and as Emma said, he goes on and on about how he hates Robbie William's music but thinks "Robbie's soooo hot"! AND he visits all the clubs that are otherwise known as "gay bars". hmmm enough said about that. Verrrrry interesting.

Rob is the fourth person we are supposed to be living with. But we haven't met him yet.

On the whole, these last few days have been interesting...

I'm missing a certain someone a lot. But coping with it. I know things will get a lot more difficult in the coming week, when I will have settled down and will have all the time in the world to think of how being away from him is just the worst thing conceivable..but right now, I think I'm in denial. I'll leave it at that. I love you, Gans.

Oh, I had dinner at a chinese restaurant today..and my fortune cookie said - "Now is the time to further your career - ingratiate."

Hmmm...now there's something to think about...

Meanwhile, here are some more pictures -

Sunset at Liverpool ...










Here's a more dramatic one ........

This is me outside my apartment, pointing at the apartment number ...













Alright then. More later. Long day ahead. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hari Adivarekar said...

Sounds like someone is settling in....Don't worry Ar, you'll be packing up your room before you know it...and then Gans...:)

September 5, 2006 at 8:45:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sine Qua Non said...

hmpf. you think they're fun now.

September 6, 2006 at 11:19:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home