Thursday, September 28, 2006

Glasgow. Hmm.

Its been a long time since I posted. It's been a busy busy busy week. Last weekend, I went to Glasgow to meet Guru and Rohan. I have never been that inebriated for that long!! Almost 56 hours! However, it's not a blur. I got to Glasgow last friday. Guru picked me up.

Rohan (aka Nem) was also there. We went straight to a pub. At the pub, we met the bartender...Shilo. Well, his name is Sandeep or Sunny, but I think he looks SO much like our little Shilo in Bangalore, that I can't seem to call him anything else. His new name on Orkut is "Sunny is my only name". Hmmmm. NO.



That's Shilo, by the way.






We had a pint there, and headed for Guru's home. Mmmmmmm...what awaited me for Baingan and rice. Yummmmmmm. Proper Indian food. Not packeted, not cooked by me (although I must say, I'm not a bad cook!)....it was delicious.

After the baingan and rice, the only thing I consumed was Alcohol. LOTS of it. At a charming narrow little pub called "Waverly Tea Room". A pint of beer, a cocktail with gin, mint and lemon, followed by a shot of Tequila, chased by a Sambouka shot on fire..called "Purple Rain"...then more Beer.

Swaying back to Guru's, I was desperate to sleep. But no...Says Shilo - "Aranyani! You can't sleep! Get up! Here...smoke this!" This...was actually 4 of them. That was followed by a shot of whiskey, which Shilo tricked me into having.

And this is not the night of the Mogwai concert. The next morning, I was shaken awake at 10. Ten in the morning, on a saturday! After a friday like that!!! We went for a chinese buffet lunch. I ate so much, I couldn't walk.

And then we staggered (I didn't seem to be walking much there!) to "13th Note" and had about 4 Diesels (As Guru says, "It's half a pint of cider, half a pint of lager, with a dash of blackcurrent...and you can get fucked on it!")

I met a lot of Guru's "mates" and all of them were lovely! We were all planning to go to the Mogwai concert, and we were all quite hammered before we got there!

Once we got there, it looked like there were more Diesels going around inside the venue. But in reality, they were just purple beers. I swear. It was beer with a "dash" of blackcurrant" in it. Left a Jamoon like feeling on my gums and tongue, but I think I'd reached that stage of intoxication that no sensation really bothered me.

So we all drank till we were beyond numb.




























And then..... the concert started!!!



It was awesome! We were just swaying from side to side, and it wasn't because of the alcohol!












After that, we somehow walked home. Singing, walking, talking, and stumbling...we got home. And my my, a party awaits us there!


You won't believe it...there was more booze. And more madness. About seven of us stayed in guru's room...But after a while, this was me -

Heh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Recho said...

wow.....that's frenetic....

leaves me numb....awesome :)

just getting packed, th bus to hampi await....sigh

September 29, 2006 at 2:59:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah kerrec. It was a good laugh anyways. And BTW: It's the 13th Note Cafe. You also forgot to mention that you're a light-head! Guzuru

September 29, 2006 at 3:16:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya right the story u have written seems true to some extent but u were the sissy one ... weekend only one funda exists get smashed thats all... sunny not shilo

September 30, 2006 at 4:43:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well all of us here in glasgow know that u don have any capakity.... and u might have capakity to shoot all ur drinks but u need to stay awake tillur are plastered on the walls...hehe
sunny xx

September 30, 2006 at 8:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger duende said...

uzuuuuuu. drinking, as recho once famously pointed out, is not a competitive sport. just back from hampi. uzuuuuuu.

October 3, 2006 at 4:19:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Shilo Shiv Suleman said...

Shilo? did I hear my name be speaken? Who is this other Shilo and is he aware that his name means "the messiah" (this I recently found out after 17 years. It brought great hoppinghappiness to me)

October 10, 2006 at 2:16:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home