Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cold and Miserable...and I miss loved ones..

That's what it's like here...Walking back from LIPA today, I thought to myself..it's only going to get colder, and more miserable. Yesterday when I was walking to class at 8 in the morning, I was repeatedly pinpricked by the rain which was freezing on its way down into little hail stones..

It's probably going to snow this year. That will be nice. I'd love to see some snow. It would make the cold worthwhile.

This afternoon, as I was walking back, drenched from head to toe, trying to fit under Georgia's umbrella with her, I was thinking about my friends back home, and here. After hugging her goodbye, I walked back to my flat - my eyes vacant, mind blank.

Then suddenly people's faces started flashing up...

Ganesh's laughing face..I thought about how he was laughing at me this morning while watching me on the webcam. I thought of how he playfully proposed a difficulty to me morning, only to see me look so confused and troubled...And then to see me look sheepish as he laughed, while I smiled in bewilderment. His laugh was full of love. The thought of it made me smile to myself.

Hari's face fleeted across. I thought of his health and hoped he was feeling better. I thought of what I'd say to him when I mail him...Nothing serious, just thoughts...

Anupam's goofy smile distracted me from thoughts of Hari. Anupam, my stupid best guy friend back home, who's been there for me no matter what. Not like sometimes there, sometimes not. Whether I've been bored, upset, confused, terrified...he's always been there. Sometimes he's not even known why he needs to be there, but he's stood by me, not asking questions or seeking answers. Just by my side.

Then Mayanka's white round face came up. Mayanka who rather endearingly lets me know every now and then that she misses me. That much sought after email that I open with desperate happiness, comes from her every now and then. And I thought of how sweet it was of her to call. Her gruff voice saying "Dude, I miss you too much ya! Enough is enough! Now you come back! I haven't been to Chonas since you've left yaaa! It's just not the same without you! I can't wait for you to come back so we can go partyyyy together!" I thought of how all these sentences were said so quickly that I didn't even have time to put a word in!

I thought of my Guru, Leela Samson. I wondered about the recent exchange we'd had on email, and whether that misunderstanding had spread to the rest of the dance troupe. I decided not to care. But I do. Anyway...

I thought of Vanya, and how much fun we're going to have when we see eachother next. I can't wait to see her. I'll have lots to say about that a few days from now.

I shoved the key into the keyhole and pushed open the door to my apartment...Noisily and clumsily, I came and plonked on the bed, and looked around. I sat on the computer and started typing..

And now suddenly, my eyes fell upon my list of things to do today - Buy bread, practice Paul's choreography for tomorrow, do laundry, learn lines from the play "Miss Julie" for friday, go see doctor...

Ooooops! I have to go to the doctor! Thoughts disrupted, poof! My mind goes into fast forward...so much to do, and it's going to get dark soon!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you told me the doc was out! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

November 23, 2006 at 12:21:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

the doc WAS out baby! this is before i went to the doctor!

November 23, 2006 at 12:50:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i never really thought THAT much whenever you were confused, terrified, depressed, needed to get drunk blah blah! Now get here FAST with my murphy's dammit!!!!!

--Anupam

November 25, 2006 at 12:53:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

exactly! You didnt think..you just came :D Patience child. Your murphys will be with you, soon.

November 27, 2006 at 8:43:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too sweet...heart warming...(thats me being all senti n affectinate!!!!!) ...if u were here permission to pinch my cheeks would be granted.....chonas not goin without u...love u miss u
lots of love n hugs and beer
cheers mate!!(heavy accent)
mayanka
aka
DON

November 28, 2006 at 12:18:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home