Friday, November 10, 2006

Nimboo Pani

I remember the day I got her home, saw her 'lemon coloured' ears and named her Nimboo. The whole of her fit in my little 11 year old hand. I read through an entire dog book to see what she would need. I got her milk in a little bowl, and then she scrambled onto my lap and went to sleep.

We've been through so much together since then.

I've sat up for hours on end completely immobilized because she was sleeping on my lap, I've trained her to sit and calm down, wait patiently for her food and not pee in the house, I've cuddled her and spoilt her and loved her, I've made sure she's had an active sex life(!!), I've delivered her babies and helped to look after them, I've cried for her when she's been in pain, sat up nights with her when she was uncomfortable and in pain after her operation, I've shared a bed with her when she didn't feel like sleeping alone.

She, in turn, has been my friend and companion since she was carried into my main door ten years ago. She's shed tears with me when I've cried, she's jumped on me and bitten me in gentle anger when I've been away too long, she's given me so much joy, so much love, relieved me of loneliness many times, kept me warm in the winters by sliding under the razai and curling up under my arm like in the photograph above, she's slept with me like another human being - under the covers, head on pillow(haha), she's sat by me when I've been depressed and scratched me with her paw lovingly, she's known when I'm going out of town and sulked, and seen me through everything.

I know...everyone must be thinking - for fuck's sake, its just a dog. But for those who have and love their pets, you'll know..they're not just animals. As for Nimboo...she's almost human. And we connect. Even as dog and human. She and I...we know eachother inside out. I know her moods and how to deal with them just as she does, mine.

I love her so much!

Today she is 10 years old. Happy birthday Nimbooli!

8 Comments:

Blogger tangled said...

:(
I wish I had a dog :(

Full awww.

November 11, 2006 at 5:03:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Recho said...

Happy Birthday :)

November 11, 2006 at 12:03:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Unknown said...

pets have to be the best thing in the world. especially dogs.

November 11, 2006 at 11:23:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

Nimboo sends her best regards to all those who wished her on her 10th dog birthday and 70th human birthday...god, she's getting old, isnt she...its a bit scary. :S

November 12, 2006 at 8:55:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nimboooooooooo cho chwattttt hahahahah. shes a butta-flyyyyyyy.

November 12, 2006 at 7:28:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Shilo Shiv Suleman said...

awwwwwww. what a sweet lil thing.
nimboo is a very nice name for a dog. it reminds me of an ancient and far reaching quote by sponge bob square pants:
E- every
V- villian
I- is
L- lemons

though your dog is too sweet to be a villian. or a lemon.
ill shutup now

November 12, 2006 at 8:11:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger duende said...

did he get cake?

November 13, 2006 at 1:54:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sine Qua Non said...

sigh.teary eyed i got.nimbli!

November 13, 2006 at 3:19:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home