Sunday, October 08, 2006

Moments of Clarity

I was told it happens to alcoholics. Well, I guess that makes me an alcoholic then. Hmmm maybe I won't go that far. But its been a pretty alcoholic weekend.

When you're extremely drunk, there are sudden and quick flashes of sobriety. Usually they last about 30 seconds, and they're unpleasant jerks of reality amidst all the drunken oblivion.

Oh god. Maybe I should go home now. What am I doing!?? I think I should stop drinking now. Maybe climbing that wall wasn't such a good idea. How am I going to get down? Where am I? Who is this?

These aren't the little moments of sobriety I'm talking about.

In the moments of clarity, you notice things about yourself, about the people around you, about situations and circumstances that you didn't recognise before. Sometimes they're quite unpleasant. And its just for a flash. Then the mind switches back into the drunk mode...except you dont quite feel the same. Its like a nagging dot on the TV screen that just doesn't go away. And you can't enjoy the movie you were watching quite like the way you did before the nagging dot appeared.

That happened to me last night.

Luckily for me though, I was too far gone..to remember much this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger tangled said...

Bangalore baby you are? Pleasedtomeetcha.

October 8, 2006 at 11:35:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Recho said...

luckily never happened to me....

guess all that moderate drinking really helped...damn, i'm so sensible :)

October 9, 2006 at 5:02:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sine Qua Non said...

hahahahaha...robin!!!!

October 9, 2006 at 5:13:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger tangled said...

Oooh.

Also, came here from the dundee-place :)

October 10, 2006 at 9:38:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger duende said...

well not really a bangalore baby. but she has been inducted. as is with sine qua non. and we are might proud to have em girls here, everytime they do come down. which i'm hoping is often. :)

October 13, 2006 at 2:56:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

awwww dundee!!! see you in december, man! :)
p.s.i think i'm beyond the induction phase, by the way. :P

October 13, 2006 at 4:19:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home