Monday, January 15, 2007

Life's too short

It is. There is so much that needs to be done, so much we want to do with our lives, but theres no time. I know it's stupid to think this way, but it's true isn't it. 21 years of my life have already gone by and I've not really done anything with it.

Hmmm...well, maybe I have..I have loved. And I suppose that's a lot. I have loved and lost, lost and learned, learnt and unlearned, unlearnt and re-learned, re-learnt and consolidated, consolidated and loved some more, I've loved some more and gained immortality through it.

But then I still fear the short span of time we have on this earth.

And I dread the day I will lose yet another person I love.

5 Comments:

Blogger vichchoobhai said...

Come on, u have achieved a lot in your 21 years. It is your modesty which makes u think u havent done anything or perhaps the enormity of what remains to be done. We all feel that way sometime or other.

Rememmber when Jawharlal Nehru died, the following poem by Robert Frost was found written down by him in his diary.

The woods are lovely,dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before i sleep
Miles to go befoer i sleep.

If a man of his stature couldn't achieve what he set out to, in his life of 70 odd years, who r we to expect that we will achieve all there is. All that we want to?

The experiences of your love lost, regained,learnt, unlearnt and your feeling that u gained immortality thru it should be enough to give u
smug satisfacation.

Yes, we all lose some one or other whom we love dearly some time or other and when we leave, there are many loving ones to grieve for us. Which goes to prove that we had not lived in vain!

cheer up. Perish such morbid thoughts.

January 16, 2007 at 7:53:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupidity is the motherfuckin mother of this world.....

short time bah....... i only look forward to moments that depress me....

January 16, 2007 at 11:30:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger duende said...

one day in ghoom. recommended.

January 17, 2007 at 12:59:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Hari Adivarekar said...

And then we live and learn and live and learn some more. Time is irrelevent.

January 17, 2007 at 2:05:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Woman?? said...

Goddess:

Life is in the moments, not the years.
You know this. There is proof in your own words:
Big little things
Each of those little things is what composes your life, not the 21 birthdays.
Is not each of those memories of your friend (whom you wished for his/her birthday) worth a thousand years of life?

How often do we lose precious moments in planning for years?

January 25, 2007 at 12:11:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home