Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Northern Lights of Norway

These are the Northern Lights..I was at my singing teacher, Kaya's house one day, and she's from Norway..she showed me pictures of the Northern Lights and then showed me this...I was amazed. I'd heard of the Northern Lights and their grandeur but never seen them obviously. And when I saw this, I was stunned. I'd never have imagined such a vibrant play of colour and light! It's all just natural light and gases of the atmosphere.The Northern Lights reveal themselves dramatically in the skies of Northern Norway in the winter months.

...This world is really something, isnt it? :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Recho said...

amen to that sister ...... i am always amazed and thankful..


pity abt people sometimes though ....smirk

March 6, 2007 at 11:41:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

smirk back

March 6, 2007 at 11:42:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger duende said...

i've dreamt often of flying away on somestrangecreatureback after a heroic epic into a borealis sky. amen to that sister. hee.

March 7, 2007 at 11:08:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Woman?? said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 7, 2007 at 5:29:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Woman?? said...

A lovely example of nature's art.

March 7, 2007 at 5:31:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Hari Adivarekar said...

With a head full of magic have I seen those psychedelic skies.
The fact that I was nowhere near Norway does elicit some sighs.
:)

March 8, 2007 at 10:45:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

Sweetie, while I appreciate what you saw...Illusion and reality cannot be compared..

The Northern lights are a real, not illusory wonder! I don't believe that I will ever see something like that, unless I was actually in Norway, watching the wonders of nature in awe.

How something so beautiful is created out of gas amazes me as much as our ability to create life! Call me naive, but its bloody fantastic! It's these things that make me appreciate the otherwise hell hole this world is said to be. :)

March 10, 2007 at 11:39:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Hari Adivarekar said...

Exactly. That's why it elicited a sigh.

March 12, 2007 at 2:20:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sylvan Goddess said...

Yea...you're not alone in eliciting sighs...I'm sighing too..I want to see them in front of my eyes!!!

March 13, 2007 at 1:59:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home